Alexander the Great and Bucephalus

Alexander the Great was a great king that has conquered most of the world. When he was younger, his father, Philip II, was offered a horse. Although the beautiful black stallion was enormous and powerful, it had quite a temper. Seeing this, Philip was not interested, however, Alexander was intrigued by this stallion. He made a deal with his father. If Philip were to buy the horse for Alexander and he failed to tame it, then he would pay him back for the horse. Alexander was clever. He soothingly talked to the horse and turned him towards the sun. In doing so, the horse would not be able to see his shadow, for the shadow was the reason the horse was so riled up in the first place. With this horse, Alexander soon became king after his father's death and continued his conquest for glory. Personally, I have no experience with horses. I have never ridden any, nor have I even been near one. Despite this, when I was younger, I had a little bit of a "horse phase" if you will. I would always read books and watch movies about horses. After a while, I fell out of this phase after my sister kept making fun of me for it. I'm honestly kind of glad that I had to do this assignment because I haven't really thought about horses with much interest, and it made me happy to look back on that time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Accountability

Assignment #1

Rome, Rome, Rome, Rome